Tony Levin Discography 1980s December 2, 2009Posted by wallofsound in Uncategorized.
Keith Tippet Septet A Loose Kite In A Gentle Wind Floating With Only My Will For An Anchor 1984 (Ogun)
Keith Tippett, piano;
Larry Stabbins, tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone;
Elton Dean, saxello, alto saxophone;
Mark Charig, cornet, tenor horn;
Nick Evans, trombone;
Paul Rogers, double bass;
Tony Levin, drums, percussion.
1. A loose kite in a gentle wind floating with only my will for an anchor part 1 (28.20)
2. A loose kite in a gentle wind floating with only my will for an anchor part 2 (20.53)
3. A loose kite in a gentle wind floating with only my will for an anchor part 3 (14.41)
4. A loose kite in a gentle wind floating with only my will for an anchor part 4 (01.14)
5. Dedicated to Mingus (11.52)
Recorded live in Exeter on 25 October 1984.
Front cover photograph by Julie Tippetts; sleeve design by David Ilic.
Final Curtain/One For Sir Bernard 16.17
For All We Know 4.25
But Beautiful 5.59
Brother Bernard 9.40
Elton Dean Elton Dean’s Unlimited Saxophone Company 1989 Ogun OGCD 002
Elton Dean alto saxophone, saxello
Paul Dunmall tenor and baritone saxophones
Simon Pickard tenor saxophone
Trevor Watts alto saxophone
Paul Rogers double bass
Tony Levin drums
1. Unda (12.25)
2. Rising (10.02)
3. Seven for Lee (13.32)
4. Small strides (08.27)
5. Fall in free (11.14)
6. One three nine (07.30)
Recorded 1989 at the Covent Garden Jazz Saxophone Festival.
European Jazz Ensemble Live at the Cologne Philharmonic Hall 1989 MA Music 801
including: Philip Catherine, Enrico Rava, Manfred Schoof, Ernst-Ludwig Petrowsky and others.